Old 09-03-2007, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default rhurbarb

On 9 Mar, 22:13, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" wrote:
Puce, when someone points out yet another error in your advice please have
the guts to offer an apology.
The group does not need dozy amateurs masquerading as knowledgeable long
term gardeners. Please keep your bad amateur advice to yourself.

Are you sure you are going to call me Puce or are you going to
suddenly revert to calling me bad names? I'll try an answer to you but
I hope I won't have to beat myself for having fallen for it.

My rhubarbs thrive in total open plan situation, therefore in full
sunshine. They need sunshine - they have big leaves to prevent
scorching the stems. Yes, they could grow in semi shade AND sunshine.
But not total shade. So why do you want me to apologise? What for? K
knows what I mean, and I really enjoy all posts. When I make a
mistake, which I do sometimes, I do say sorry - like with the Cyticus
(which was a genista). You see, I have 'guts'.

Do you remember when you told me you would move a tree even in full
bloom if you had to? These were the days when you were nice to me.
Though I did point out that you were mad for moving that tree ....
didn't I. That would be almost 2 years ago. Time flies doesn't it?

I'd like this to stop Ruppert. I really want it to stop. Now. I am
sorry for what has happen, but if I hadn't been led to it I wouldn't
have had to feel I needed to defend myself. My honour and reputation
is as good as yours or anybody else's. Why should it be different?