Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Access via Google

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:35:44 +0000, Dave Hill wrote
(in article .com):

On 8 Mar, 19:43, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" wrote:
"Dave Hill" wrote in message

ups.com... Just
wondering if anyone else has to access this group via Google?
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.

David -Are you accessing the newsgroup through Google because your isp
(AOL?) does not have a news sever or one that carries uk.rec.gardening

or is
it a technical problem?
Just nosey:-)

Yes.
AOL doesn't allow access to news groups.

David, is there anything to prevent you using the German news server
news.individual.net http://news.individual.net/? This is a stand-alone
package, it used to be free and is now only 10 Euros a year but well worth
while. You would then just need a newsreader - plenty out there, some

free.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

I switched to them after years of missing posts with tiscalli and I must say
its been very good since, not quite free but almost!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk