Old 10-03-2007, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Google groups Kill file

"hugh_j" wildpoppy@invalid wrote in message
Dave Hill wrote:

I think that's caused by putting your real address on newsgroups. I hope
I am not stating the obvious. When I used my real address some years
ago on usenet I started to collect spam, and I am still getting it to
this day on every address I posted with on usenet. Once the address is
compromised it never stops.
Now I have to have a set of email addresses that I never give out except
to specific people and places, and bin the rest. I get about 135 spam a
day on two domains and they go straight to /dev/null on this system
which is sendmail on a Unix server with an aliases file.
Maybe I am speaking a different computer language to yours here.
To get the corporate message across one could simply add a signature at
the bottom of the message with a domain name leading to a message box in
there somewhere comme ca:

http://www.wildpoppy.com
Some bloke writing.

All true but its easier to just use something like mailwasher, they can send
as much junk as they like now it all gets deleted! and I have not had a
virus get as far as the computer since I started using it.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk