Old 10-03-2007, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim W Tim W is offline

Default male/female kiwi kwery

I have receved an Atlas (m) and Hayward (f) as recommended by Dobies.

Will they both fruit?

Should I favour the F with the best position?

5' apart is recommended, but I was going to do 20' apart. Is this really too
far? There are thirty beehives over the hedge but is the kiwi honey bee
pollinated?

If the M is not much of a fruiter and the pollination will be done by bees i
can put the M out of the way in a secondary position as a sort of
non-productive drone fertiliser stud plant. otherwise it will take up prime
Sth facing space.

Tim w