Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default rhurbarb

On 10 Mar, 09:34, Martin wrote:
... Rusty recommended planting dead animals and carpets.

)) Sweet man. The seeds he sent me were great - even though a batch
was old and he had no clue how long he had them. His honesty seeds
live on, in my garden and in the gardens of 2 neighbours!

I've never buried a dead animal prior to planting rhubarb.... nor do I
mulch with carpet. I use cardboards, lots of it around fruit bushes. I
use lots of straw as well. I divide the rhubarb to give away - I don't
have the room for keeping it all. I don't feed beside mulching with
comfrey leaves and om and I don't grow rhubarb in pots. If Rusty was
here, I think he'd have said the same ...