Old 10-03-2007, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default rhurbarb

Sally Thompson writes

Whilst I understand that someone may wish to offer
advice from their own experience although it is advice contrary to the
received wisdom of experts,

Snip

The strength of this group is that people give advice from their own
experience - that enables us, as a group, to push forward our knowledge
beyond the limits of book advice. So if person A quotes the book advice
'this plant needs a damp spot in the shade' and person B says 'I'm
growing it on sand in full sun', a discussion follows to find out what
it is about B's situation that allows the plant to grow somewhere where
the conventional advice says it shouldn't. If it wasn't for this sort
of discussion, we might as well all simply pull out our gardening books
and never talk to another gardener!

--
Kay