Old 10-03-2007, 07:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ook Ook is offline

Default Tomatoe stake question

"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
In article "Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com
delete the Don't send me any freakin' spam says...
Does anyone have some practical advice on what to use to stake up
tomatoes?
Last year I used some 3 foot steel fencing, but my tomatoes grew an easy
6-7
feet tall. It was a mess, one of the clusters fell over lol

Just to give you ideas, here's a pic of my free standing cages used for
tomatoes grown in containers.

http://www.brandylion.com/images/tomato-cages.jpg

These cages were made entirely out of scrap wood that I had lying
around.

Nice. I have a lot of branches left over from a tree I removed. Maybe I can
do something like that.