Old 10-03-2007, 04:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Louis Toth Louis  Toth is offline

Default GARLIC

Can someone help me with this problem?
I have been growing garlic and onions for years and have always had healthy
crops.
I came across a place in Colorado that sells soft neck garlic cloves to
plant. I purchased and planted some.After harvesting,
I found that some cloves had tiny maggot type creatures in them.Including
the plants from my own garlic from the past.
I have never had this problem in the past. Did I introduce them with my
purchase? The company is non-committal. What can I safely treat my garden
with to get rid of them.
Any information would be greatly appreciated