Old 10-03-2007, 04:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
JerseyMike JerseyMike is offline

Default pre-emergent??

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 10, 6:22 am, "JerseyMike" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message

"JerseyMike" wrote:
ok...another spring is coming, another year at trying to grow a

decent
lawn and another year putting down pre-emergent. the directions on

the
bag (Scotts) say to put it down in general terms and general times

but
nothing specific. what are actual basic or good hints of when to use

the
stuff. i' m thinking that maybe in the past i've put it down at the
wrong time...either too soon or too late. what signs of nature

should i
look for, if any. BTW i live in central coastal New Jersey.

thanks for any tips,

mike..........

Hi Mike, put it down before the forsythia finishes blooming.

thanks......but there isn't any forsythia around here.

how about something to look for on the lawn or something else.

Sure there are. I live at the central NJ shore and there are plenty
of them here. Just look around for tall shrubs with yellow flowers
the second half of April. Or just put it down the third week in
April, which should be fine.

i was talking about my own neighborhood.....but stupid me wasn't thinking
outside the box....

thanks...

mike.......