Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Slugs

On 10 Mar, 12:53, "Dave Hill" wrote:
For the first time in My gardening life I have had to put down slug
pellets in March as they have been decimating my species Tulips

You had me thinking. I've just returned from a dinner party and
checked my garden. We've got lots too. I had bought a couple of pots
for our pond (and iris and a little schizostylus) and kept them
outside in a bag until tomorrow. The bag is full of little slugs. It
still quite fresh outside though - clear skies tonight. I think I'll
set some slug trap tomorrow and start the evening hunts earlier than I
have never done.