Old 11-03-2007, 02:03 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Help wanted: Pump CONSTANTLY clogs

On 10 Mar 2007 16:10:44 -0800, "scs0" wrote:

Clog, clog, clog. Day after day, month after month, year after year.
I'm sick of it. All I ever do with my pond is repair that damn
clogged pump.

Have you tried something like this?
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/koipond/photos/set1/09.jpg

Do not put filter material inside the baskets, do not leave foam prefilter
on pump. Ideally, get the pump out of the pond, and if you can't do that,
at least get the filter out of the pond. More pictures on my webpage of DYI
filters out of the pond. www.jjspond.us

I'd like to know what the hell I need to do to put on the front of
this thing to keep it from clogging up, but I'd really like to know
why I am apparently the only person on the planet that has this
problem.

You're not the only one, but once you do the mesh basket thing, you'll be
one less. ;-)

Right now I have Microlift 02 releaser in my pond because I've given
up on getting this nonsense to work.

An air pump and large airstone might be better... and are good back up. As
far as the fittings, I feel you pain. Luckily I have a geeky (Asperger's)
son (25) who loves to go to the hardware store and figure out all the
fittings. Why they don't put chairs/benches in hardware stores for us
non-hardware waiters is beyond me. (I'd say women, but I don't want to be
sexist.) ;-) ~ jan