Old 27-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default I found this bug in my tank, what is it?

"Philip Ash" wrote:

I found this bug in my tank tonight. It was inside them stem of some Elodea.
I was watching the tank carefully, looking for signs of pearling (which I
have woohoo!), and I noticed the shadow twitching.
It is a few mm long, yellow with a green line down it. The picture doesn't
show tufts of hairs along its length.
Anyone know what it is???
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philipash/

I'm looking forward to seeing what answers you get, because I found
this exact same thing in my tank. I've got it in a jar now, and weeks
later it's still alive.

I wasn't able to provide nice pictures of it like you did, so I had to
rely on descriptions. Several people told me it sounded like a Caddis
Fly larvae.

--
www.ericschreiber.com