Old 11-03-2007, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Tithonia rotundifolia

In message , Sacha
writes
Is anyone else growing this? It's aka the Mexican sunflower. We first saw
it in Monet's garden where it was planted, rather strangely, as a dot plant
instead of big groups where it would look very 'WOW'. All the gardener
could tell me when I asked its name was 'Torche' which is the variety there.
However, somehow Ray has tracked it down and I spent yesterday afternoon
pricking out dozens of seedlings! We're going to plant a big clump of it in
our own garden to see how it does. Some sources say the taller ones need
staking. I believe Suttons Seeds has it in this country.
http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...h+Images&gbv=2

I have to say it's nice to see a good gardening post again. And no,
Sacha, before you start accusing me of insincerity, hypocrisy, lying or
'wheedling an invitation to your urg meet', I am not doing any of those
things. Just thought I'd let you know.
--
June Hughes