Old 11-03-2007, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
graham graham is offline

Default Blackcurrants

"graham" wrote in message
I have a blackcurrant bush that I planted about 10 years ago (with another
that died over winter, and 2 redcurrant bushes). I have never picked more
than about 4 or 5 blackcurrants from it!! The bush flowers but the fruit
don't set.
I've talked to various experts, including one who has a 90 minute, weekly,
Q&A gardening program on the radio, and they're all flummoxed.
It grows like the clappers (I cut it back last year) and the redcurrants
fruit profusely.
This year will be its last chance.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Graham

Many thanks for all of your suggestions and advice. I think, however, that
it's a lost cause.
Now if only they were as successful as the french tarragon........
Graham