Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Decidous white blooming trees

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 21:20:32 GMT, "Justin Wilson" wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
news are not the greatest trees. First, they
attract boat tail grackles. Second, their crotch system is very weak
and as the tree ages it becomes more susceptible to losing limbs in
any number of our straight line wind storms of summer.

Not all the Pear trees around here are Bradford pears.

I didn't say they were. The trees blooming NOW are most likely
Bradford. They do not produce edible fruit and are not the sort of
trees to plant if you want long term trees. It's a waste if in
fifteen years the tree cracks down the middle because that is the
downfall of Bradford pears.