Old 12-03-2007, 12:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Help wanted: Pump CONSTANTLY clogs

On 11 Mar 2007 20:52:09 -0700, "scs0" wrote:

The problem got worse recently and I think it was influenced by the
Live Oak in neighbor's yard. These trees are covered year-round with
small oval leaves about an inch in length. They kept sneaking through
my latest pre-filter screening and jammed up my impeller. I think
these trees shed a lot on the spring, but this one looks to have lots
of yellow in it. I wonder if it's dying.

Dying? No such luck, some along the gulf coast are 500 years old,
this is just the time of year it sheds and takes on new growth. I
have a live oak next door to me, in Middle Georgia, and I'm
considering giving up my iris bed that it has grown over. It will be
much easier to cope with the bed as lawn or juniper that I can spray
over with Image to kill off the multitude of small trees that come up
in it every year.

My pond is on the opposite side of the house, but the live oak leaves
are a pain in the gutter until they stop falling.

Regards,

Hal