Old 12-03-2007, 12:25 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Decidous white blooming trees

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 01:47:29 GMT, Steve Wertz
wrote:

My neighborhood is about 18-20 years old. I haven't noticed
anyone remove a Bradford yet. Some of them are almost 50ft tall.
They all bloomed exactly 4 days ago, with today being the most
impressive. The rain will probably change that.

-sw

Two websites do not recommend this tree because they are not long
lived. They are very fast growers, but in Texas, my experience is
that, these trees are overused and being non-native are not the best
idea. There are many other trees which are beautiful which bloom and
have a very long lifespan.

If I were to plant a Bradford, and in 20 years went to sell my house
and my Bradford was cut in half from a straight line wind...well, not
great curb appeal. I think in terms of tens of years, not today where
plantings are concerned. That's just me.

http://www.aces.edu/dept/extcomm/new.../may10b01.html

http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC1006.htm