Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Over in uk.food+drink.misc...

On 11 Mar, 23:05, Martin wrote:

I am old too, show a bit of respect.

And you are a gentleman. I hope that this post will not make you seem
to be a 'pal' of mine, as it is often the case when I respond to
someone who has sense, who is intelligent, who is fun and interesting.

I have known Alan for longer than anybody here. He was already
trolling usenet 14 years ago ! He was already despised by many for
being an obnoxious troll and for having a very long beard. I have
always felt sorry for him and I have never ever responded to his
abuses to me except last week when I cracked. It was time to clear
some cobwebs I felt.

I have yet to see anything that Alan has posted anywhere that is on topic
including to this group.

You will not find anything relevant. What is at the moment coming
through all this bitching sessions is on one hand one person in urg
would like to talk to a 'panel' of experts, would refuse any opinions
from people who have knowledge if they don't like them, refute any
criticism if they're found to be either wrong or monopolising the air
waves with personnal information and later regrating it, but will
still accept a lunatic hanging around the corridors of usenet waiting
for his chance to get involved in anything nasty that he can find,
because he's ... old. If that is the only reason, I don't mind at all.
I don't mind the beard either. What I mind is that he has no tact, he
is unpleasant, and he jumps in with the nasty bitching sessions even
though he hasn't a clue what's going on.

Pour me a cuppa and pass the biscuits.