Old 12-03-2007, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default plants for a hedge

On 12/3/07 12:16, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

I like the chaenomeles idea too, though I've never seen in grown that way.
The other possibility would be doing something with willow withies, perhaps?
Those can be 'woven' into pretty well anything you want and cut back once or
twice a year to stop the shape being lost.

Oh yes, I fell for this idea two years ago and made two wigwams for the
sweet peas on a day course under instruction from a friend who makes
living hedges etc.
Ha!
The willows did a lot better than the sweet peas and it took me a good
two hours to dig out the roots of the wigwams last autumn

Scratch the willows! ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk