Old 12-03-2007, 06:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
how how is offline

Default coconuts

Hi,
Not so. They can soak in salt water and still sprout but it is not required.
The way to do it bury the nut, petiole end up, half way in soil keep barely
moist and get out of the way. I have many that sprout where they fall and
are then re-potted. In the "old" days when the nuts were planted on their
sides, some growers soaked them in water to determine what side was "up".
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good

wrote in message
I once heard coconut seeds need to soak in salt water for a while before
they would
germinate. Is this true or not? Ingrid