Old 13-03-2007, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default water bill.

"cineman" wrote in message
Hi,
Got my overgrown water bill today.
On the reverse it states I could reduce my bill if I do not allow surface
water to drain into sewers.
NOW how much storage would i need to conserve the rainfall from my roof.
Any ideas?
regards
Cineman

You do not need any storage, you can do what most houses around here do and
use soak aways, as far as I am aware we are not allowed to let rain water
enter the drainage system.
How they can tell you your bill will reduce beats me though, normally people
are charged by the cubic meter that comes in through their meter (less a bit
if you can argue you water the garden) for their waste water/sewage.
Does this mean you are paying an additional charge for them to cope with
your surface water?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk