Old 13-03-2007, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default water bill.

On 12 Mar, 21:28, "cineman"
wrote:
Hi,
Got my overgrown water bill today.
On the reverse it states I could reduce my bill if I do not allow surface
water to drain into sewers.
NOW how much storage would i need to conserve the rainfall from my roof.
Any ideas?
regards
Cineman

I should think that what they mean is that if you store your rainwater
rather than have it go down the drain then you will use less mains
water on your garden thus reducing your bill.
As to how much storage you will need, you will have to work out for
yourself, as I have no idea of the size of your roof.
1 inch of rain will give you aprox 0.6gall per sq ft.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.