Old 14-03-2007, 12:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cearbhaill Cearbhaill is offline

Default Bare Spot in Backyard

wrote in message
ps.com...
I live in Cincinnati Ohio, and roughly speaking, my reasonably
large backyard is surrounded by trees. The parts that get at least
partial shade grow well, but there is a sunny spot in the middle of
the backyard (roughly 8 by 10 feet) that grows very poorly. In every
7 inch square space (roughly speaking again), there is only one clump
of brownish looking grass with barespots in between the clumps. It
seems like the barespot grows slightly more every year. Can anyone
tell me what the problem is so that I can fix it this year?

Thanks,

JD