Old 14-03-2007, 07:28 PM
emmalg emmalg is offline
Registered User

Location: UK
Default First time Camellia grower

In the late summer last year I bought a Camellia Nagasaki for my garden, I have to grow everything in pots because the whole garden is slabbed but I was led to believe this wouldn't be a problem.

I planted the camellia in a large pot using the same compost as I used to plant my roses which are doing great already at the start of their second year (if you hadn't guessed I like pretty flowers!). The camellia hasn't grown at all - it still looks alive and healthy though.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Camellia care and a lot of the things I have found aren't about growing them in the UK climate!

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is it normal for my camellia not to be flowering or even growing at all? (The label says it flowers March-April)

2) How should I be caring for it? (Watering, fertilising, light...)

Please don't be technical, I've only had my own garden for 18 months!

Thanks!
Emma