Old 14-03-2007, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default water bill.

In message , hugh
] writes
In message , Bob Hobden
writes

"cineman" wrote
Hi,
Got my overgrown water bill today.
On the reverse it states I could reduce my bill if I do not allow surface
water to drain into sewers.
NOW how much storage would i need to conserve the rainfall from my roof.
Any ideas?

I thought most houses in the UK were built with soakaways for rain water.
Ours always have.

There are usually two separate drainage systems, foul sewers and
surface water.

Depend son the age of the house to a large extent, older houses tend to
have combined foul/surace water drains - both our current Victorian
house, and our old 1930's semi did. Newer houses have separate drains

--
Chris French