Old 14-03-2007, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k. p.k. is offline

Default Access via Google

Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "
contains these words:

On Mar 14, 4:18 pm, "p.k." wrote:
I can't find any that suggest that 2-3 years is the norm for
rododendron

i'd be grateful for your sources that sugget 2-3 years, it would be
intersting to know the techniques used

Thanks p.k. for that info I actually asked for some answers to
Martin's posting but you have answered it here. It says on all the
links you gave that it takes at least 3 years for seeds to flower
which I think, for me is a bit long so I will go with cuttings and
see what happens.
Thanks
Judith

Have you ever tried air-layering before, Judith?

Air layering is by far the best method. Easy & trouble free.

pk