Old 14-03-2007, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Blackcurrants

"Robert \(Plymouth\)" wrote:
::
:: Afterv 10 years I would imagine you have tried everything.
:: Presumably your experts would have spotted big bud and reversion, so
:: out it comes. Why wait ten years, you are very patient
:
: Apparently they need a really cold winter to become profitable. Try a
: variety that will cope with warm wet winters.

Naaa, never bothered any of mine whether the winter is warm, cold or
indifferent

Me neither, I've got 8-10lbs per bush for the last 18 years from mine, no
matter what the winter. Varieties Ben Sarek and Jet