Old 15-03-2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Tillers - and breaking bermuda grass for a garden

On 14 Mar 2007 06:11:47 -0700, wrote:
If anyone has any suggestions on where to find a decent, inexpensive
tiller or which tiller is right for me let me know. Also, any tips
on how to turn a patch of bermuda grass into a vegetable garden as
easily as possible would be appreciated!

Kill the grass first... glyphosate, occlusive mulch, solarizing... take your
pick. I'd solarize if you can get good temps early enough in the season
to satisfy you.

Then hire someone with a garden tractor or a good commercial tiller to
do the initial work. The better the tillage, the easier the gardening.
Tilling through sod just isn't one of the more fun things to do with
your leisure.

Kay