Old 15-03-2007, 04:17 AM posted to rec.ponds
Ann in Houston[_2_] Ann in Houston[_2_] is offline

Default quarantine advice

I forgot to add that I was going to treat the water for parasites and
fungus.
I think my pump was too big for the tank, and I kind of rigged the filter
petty cheaply. The water was agitated an awful lot. I didn't want to pop
for a new one. Also, I had trouble with the fish hating the tank and
stressing out. Now that I think of it, though, those fish were big. As for
the fish load, it is about four small gf, two and a half, on up to about
six inches long. The new one is about four inches.
I lost almost every fish I had to a contagious ulcer infection back around
1998. All new fish, and they are few, are quarantined for 21 days now and
treated for parasites whether I see anything suspicious or not. I filter
even my smallest 150g ponds. What problem did you have filtering your
350g tank?

No one goes by inches of fish anymore.
--
RM....