Old 15-03-2007, 04:32 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default quarantine advice

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
Hmmm, thanks for that info. I hate to expose any of my koi. I like them
all. I would go get one at Petco, but I thought the point was to use a
fish that has been living in your own pond. Also, how do you heat up your
QT? Are tank heaters expensive?

You didn't take a new fish from the pet shop and put it outside in cold
water did you? That can be a real shock since pet stores keep their tank on
the warm side. You can't easily heat and outdoor tank. My quarantine tank
is inside.

I don't expose anything to new fish. And watch for cross-contamination by
hand or fish nets.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.