Old 15-03-2007, 05:04 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default quarantine advice

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 04:57:17 GMT, wrote:

you need an indicator koi ... GF arent enough for the worst. and the temp in that
tank has to get up to 80oF or so to let the heat activated virus or bacteria out and
do its worst. anything short of a month isnt going to do it. Ingrid

I agree, I go for 6 weeks minimum. 3 weeks without indicator koi, and 3
weeks with a small koi from the pond. I use gf to keep the filter going and
move them when the koi go in. It is good to leave a gf or 2 until you can
put a small koi from your pond in with it. ~ jan