Old 15-03-2007, 05:08 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Sad news for me

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 04:41:20 GMT, wrote:

OH GOD, that is horrible. I live in terror of some knob next door deciding to spray
their apple trees with "ecofriendly" bug sprays, most of them pyrethrum which are
deadly to my fish. I have fruit trees I dont spray until last year they got
something really nasty and my pond is set up so 2 sheets will cover the whole thing
and I stapled the sheets on and close sprayed the two affected trees with malathion,
then changed 1/2 the water after.

You don't have to worry too much about malathion, it is a cheap man's
treatment for flukes in the pond. Course you wouldn't want to spray it over
an unprotected pond, as it doesn't take much product to treat a pond for
flukes. I know for a 100 gallon stock tank it was something like 4 drops.

It is not the way I'd go now days, much prefer Prazi, even though the price
is outrageous. ~ jan