Old 19-02-2003, 11:27 AM
John Bachman

Default OT - Homeland Defense - OT

On 16 Feb 2003 16:03:06 GMT, (Cdonahey41) wrote:

On Rush Limbaugh, I heard this really goofy discussion. It wasn't even Rush's
voice, but somebody else, not as recognizable. Rush came on afterwards, that is
how I connected the two. I listened fascinated as the speaker spoke of what
the long range implications would have been if an assassination attempt had
made on President Carter in Brazil.

The attempted assassination of a country's leader has often led to
war. In this case President Clinton chose to lob a few cruise
missiles into downtown Baghdad. There is good question as to whether
that weak response encouraged Saddam to greater evils. It was also
viewed as weakness by other terrorist leaders such as Osama bin Laden.
We will never know the real results but weakness often leads to war.

John