Old 15-03-2007, 12:43 PM posted to rec.ponds
~Roy~ ~Roy~ is offline

Default quarantine advice

You do not have a clue you clueless wonder......so just do the rp
folks a favor and STFU
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:29:38 -0500, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:

"Ann in Houston" wrote in message
. ..
I forgot to add that I was going to treat the water for parasites and
fungus.
I think my pump was too big for the tank, and I kind of rigged the filter
petty cheaply. The water was agitated an awful lot.

I believe too much agitation does stress them. My 150g ponds/tanks have
pumps that are in the 250gph range. They're wrapped in plastic window
screen and some poly quilt batting material and stuffed in plastic pots.
There's no wild agitation. I have them at one end, not the middle so the
fish can rest or hide in the plants at the opposite side.

I didn't want to pop
for a new one. Also, I had trouble with the fish hating the tank and
stressing out. Now that I think of it, though, those fish were big. As
for the fish load, it is about four small gf, two and a half, on up to
about six inches long. The new one is about four inches.

I always figure 10g per small goldfish and 20 to 30g per adult which are
over 8" long.

-------