Old 15-03-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Heron!

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
A wretched heron has been to one of the ponds this morning and either it's
cleared it out or all the fish are hiding! I feel sure it's the latter as
it's a well-stocked pond but while I don't begrudge it one or two fish,
we'll be furious if it takes the koi. And we *are* furious that it's
taken
a mass of frog spawn. ;-(
--

Sorry to hear about your loss.

We now electrify the sides and net over the top of our pond to prevent the
herons here.
They still have miles of adjacent canal to go at - so they wont starve !
Regards

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com