Old 15-03-2007, 05:02 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dean Dean is offline

Default Property Screen

On Mar 13, 10:26 pm, Gus wrote:
What can anyone recommend for a screen along one side of our property?
I need about 250 ft of coverage.
I thought about native cedars, that would not need any maintenance at
all. The only thing is that it would take maybe 15 years for them to
grow to the ten feet or so needed, I think. Transplanting wild trees of
near that size would cost a fortune since I'm not physically able to do it.

Can You install something You can live with till the cedars reach a
good height? Then remove the screen fence..Just do'nt use concrete to
set the posts and it will be a simple teardown later..Maybe buy the
trees as large as You can afford to for the run and lessen the time
the fence needs to be there. Just a thought.
Dean