Old 15-03-2007, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Wolstenholme Steve Wolstenholme is offline

Default Heron!

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:37:29 +0000, Sally Thompson
wrote:

Sacha, I have never tried it but some friends once swore by positioning an
artificial heron at the edge of the pond. The theory is that they don't take
to a rival and will stay away. You can get some very life-like ones :-)

I don't know what it is that make an artificial heron life-like to a
real heron. It's not just the appearance. Some very good looking
artificial herons get ignored by real herons and others work quite
well.

Steve