Old 15-03-2007, 10:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Default Chemical herbicides - cheaper options?

wrote:

by the way, I'm planning to spray the grass to kill it...then cover it
with black plastic. Wait a few weeks for it to get warm enough not
to kill my tomatos then plant them (transplants from local nursery
stock of 5" or so plants) by cutting X's in the plastic about 6" and
planting the tomatos, then mulching right next to the plant.

Do I pose any problems to my plants by doing the above method? Does
the black plastic pose any risk of getting too hot for my plants?

Thanks!

if you only cut an X in the plastic for the plants, not much water is
going to get to the root zone

Lar