Old 15-03-2007, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Heron!

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

I remember, a couple of years ago, someone reporting (was it here, or
'elsewhere'?) a male heron attempting to mate with the artificial heron
by the side of their pool...

I think that they may have been reporting on April 1st. !!

We also have the statutory lifelike plastic commodity at the side of the
pond.
It had no apparent effect on the real one's activities.
The idea of just protecting the edges of the pond does not work with herons
..
They do not work on the step in principle solely. They can fly over the
protection, land in the pond
and gobble up your ponds contents just as easily !
If one was concerned over public access and the electric protection could
not the solution be in the timing.
Only have it live when the public is not present. Herons will not land in a
populated situation.

Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com