Old 15-03-2007, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default Heron!

Goldfish definately do go into hiding Sacha - if that's what they are. The
last time we got a rogue Herring Gull I didn't see a fish for about a
fortnight - then they gradually became bolder and I eventually counted
fourteen. The pond is only a 'largish garden pond - with vegitation only at
the edges'.

Best wishes,

Keith

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
A wretched heron has been to one of the ponds this morning and either it's
cleared it out or all the fish are hiding! I feel sure it's the latter as
it's a well-stocked pond but while I don't begrudge it one or two fish,
we'll be furious if it takes the koi. And we *are* furious that it's
taken
a mass of frog spawn. ;-(
--
Sacha