Old 16-03-2007, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Heron!

On 15/3/07 22:11, in article , "Keith
(Dorset)" wrote:

Goldfish definately do go into hiding Sacha - if that's what they are. The
last time we got a rogue Herring Gull I didn't see a fish for about a
fortnight - then they gradually became bolder and I eventually counted
fourteen. The pond is only a 'largish garden pond - with vegitation only at
the edges'.

snip

You cheer me up! This particular pond is about 20' square and has a lot of
vegetation in it, so I'm x-ing my fingers that the fish are just hiding for
now. We have a mix of goldfish, tench, koi, you name it. Nothing at all
fabulous, just pretty - some given as presents and so on. This particular
pond must have near on 30 fish in it, maybe more. They're breeding, so they
must be happy! The 'front' pond has about 15, so it's time for a bit of
assisted migration, perhaps.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk