Old 27-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Boxwood - Indoors

Carl L Rosner wrote:

For what its worth... I must put in the following experience with a
Kingsville. For two years I would bring my Kingsville into my
Greenhouse for the winter, and it di fine. When I finally acclimated
the KIngsville for the third season to the outdoors, it just gave up the
ghost. It looked fine one day (out doors) and the next day it just
declined, I even planted it in the ground, but it never recovered. I
have come to the conclusion that it just needed some sort of a dormancy
period, and never received it in my heated green house.

Carl L. Rosner - near Atlantic City zone 6/7
http://bmee.net/rosner
http://www.jamesbaird.com/cgi-bin/Ja...d=00000068 48

As Iris did this year, I also left it outside once it got cold to give it a period of
dormancy. It was dormant for over a month. This appears to have been enough, because now
it is very green and healthy, with lots of new growth.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++