Old 16-03-2007, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Default Chemical herbicides - cheaper options?

Ann wrote:
Lar expounded:

Jangchub wrote:

Any brand which has an active ingredient; glyphosphate, can be used.
There is a brand at Walmart (if you'll shop there) which is a
concentrate and half the price of the brand name.

Now I am confused...this from the same fingers that used to berate
anything to do with man made chemicals in gardening? What's next?, cats
playing with dogs?.. The extreme far right campaigning for Hillary?

Lar

Facts are facts. If someone asks about a chemical they'll get an
answer. You'll notice she suggested clear plastic (which you snipped
so you could snip at her). That's the route I'd go, too.

The reason part was snipped is because it had nothing to do with my
post, I should of stuck a OT in there. Snip at her?, if so it was with
good behavior in mind, insert where needed. Next thing we know
Wylie from Australia will be back typing again promoting his new way of
life doing volunteer work at a monastery.

As far as the plastic. Clear, though warmer will still promote growth of
the grass runners in the Spring with the sunlight getting in. Black
plastic still gets hot enough to do the job along with not allowing
sunlight to promote the plant growth.

Lar