Old 16-03-2007, 05:55 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kellyj00@gmail.com is offline

Default Chemical herbicides - cheaper options?

Ok, so if cutting an X isn't going to get enough water to my plants
then what else can I do?

So, which is better Black or Clear plastic? Is either one more
likely to burn my plants as well as the weeds?

Do I need to set up a special hose system to water just the roots of
my tomatos? I think I've seen some 1/4" and 3/8" black plastic lines
at walmart that folks use to water houseplants, has anyone used these
for vegetable gardens? Would it have enough flow? It seems like a
pretty neat option, as I could just mount a little mister head to the
bottom rung on each of my round tomato cages.

Sorry so many questions, but I'm really clueless about how to grow
vegetables on soil that is covered with bermuda grass right now.