Old 16-03-2007, 07:37 PM posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.gardens.edible
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default cheap seedlings

"James" wrote in message
ups.com...
Which plants are cheap to buy in 6 packs? Tomatoes, peppers, and
other warm season plants to me are cheaper to buy as small seedlings
instead of starting your own.

When it cost 10 cents just for the jiffy pellet, the only reason to
start your own is if you can't buy the seedlings.

I am not much of a gardener, but there might be an advantage to starting
your own from seed. When I was a kid my mom saved some cherry tomato seeds
and started them from seed. In each progressive year the tomatoes got a
little bigger and tastier.

--
Roger Shoaf