Old 16-03-2007, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Rick F. Rick F. is offline

Default Question about an Oak Tree stump.

On 2007-03-16, Bill wrote:
I'm planning on having a large oak tree, 1 1/2 to 2 foot Diameter, in our
back yard removed but was considering leaving a few feet above the ground

What happened to the wood that was cut up? If the tree has not had pesticides
on it, any friends that do BBQing might want the wood -- it's great for smoking
meats! I got a few stump pieces from a friend that had an oak tree removed
and it makes fine smoking woods.. Sorry for being a bit OT!