Old 17-03-2007, 03:35 AM posted to aus.gardens,alt.religion.kibology
Teh Most Revernd Bishop of Willesden Teh Most Revernd Bishop of Willesden is offline

Default Wine barrels question

"M" wrote in message
news
G'day All,

I have a couple of large wine barrels that I've connected up to catch rain
water off the garage roof. Works well, but at this stage the water from
them still smells strongly of red wine. I suppose that will wear off when
they've been filled/emptied/filled a few times.

This reminds me of a story I heard in my youth ... wavy lines across
the screen as we travel back in time

Apparently, in the Middle East of antiquity, there was a chap who worked
for a catering company, feeding large numbers of people at mountainside
prayer gatherings with fish and bread.

Same chap must have been moonlighting as a magician, because I remember
being told he also did a fabulous trick where he could change water into
wine.

What you need to do is find out how he performed this trick, then work
on reversing it with your wine barrels, thereby turning them into water
barrels, and eliminating the wine-smell.

It might be difficult; apparently the magical catering chappie was
Jewish, so there probably isn't much written about him. Perhaps try your
local library?

HTH HAND WTF