Old 17-03-2007, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\) Keith \(Dorset\) is offline

Default How lovely it all is!

Thanks Manc - you have sent the weather to us.

Blinkin chilly down here today - so the shorts, tee shirt etc. go into the
wash!!!

Regards,

Keith

"June Hughes" wrote in message
Spring is just about to arrive.! I saw a water vole down by the brook
where I walk out dog this morning. (Before someone says it may have been
a rat, it was not, although I believe water voles are distantly related to
rats but have chubby little faces and shorter tails). It dashed off up
the bank when it saw me then re-appeared briefly before scurrying away to
hide. We knew they were back a couple of years ago but it's the first time
I have seen one. Then to my delight, there was a woodpecker not ten yards
away on the grass. It was only a common woodpecker but all the same, it
is exciting to see one so close. Perhaps you think this is very childish
but it has brought me great pleasure this morning. Makes you forget all
you troubles for a while.
--
June Hughes