Old 17-03-2007, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default help needed plz

On 18/3/07 10:26, in article ,
"Pam Cook" wrote:

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...

snip

I have a pond too, but I can't identify your plant from the description,
although someone else may instantly recognise it. Is it possible to take
photo and put it on a web site somewhere so we can all look at it? There
plenty of free photo-hosting places around. Also, is it growing in
particularly boggy patches?

--
Sally, Thank you for replying....I will ask my son to take a picture of
the plant, Someone said it was sedge????? It is about 18 inches high

Hello, Pam. Can I suggest you try a Google image search on wild pond plants
or something of that sort? Inevitably, you'll get some that don't apply to
UK but it might help you. If you take a picture, that will help but this
group doesn't take binaries so you'll need to put it up on a web site
somewhere for everyone to look at. I wonder if your plant could be a Carex
of some sort? Some of those are known as sedges. There's one called Carex
muskingumensis* which might just fit that description. Getting rid of it is
another matter altogether - I can't help there. ;-(
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk