Old 17-03-2007, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default help needed plz

"K" wrote in message
Sally Thompson writes
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:49:18 +0000, Pam Cook wrote
(in article ):

It sounds like one of the rushes or sedges. I'm assuming it's growing in
the ground around the pond rather than in the pond itself, so there are
two questions:
a) has the area got wetter over recent years, thus allowing this thing
to flourish? In which case, it may be becoming too wet for the daffs, so
it may be a lost cause.
b) if not, then would applying something like glyphosate to individual
plants have any ill effects on the amphibian life?

--
Kay

Its probably the sort of sedge you get in damp meadow land, regular cutting
is the only thing you can do but if its growing, I would be surprised if
your daffs will last for long as it sounds as if the ground may be too wet
for them.
I don't think Glysophate is good near water courses as its lethal to most
creatures in the water.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk